Paradigm Shifts Worklab 2021
Quo vadis world? In the face of growing global crises, it seems advisable to take a step back and revise existing paradigms of our thinking and acting. Ecological, systemic approaches and questions about diversity and sustainability are also becoming more and more urgent in terms of technology and digitization. The mur.at network of critical artists, programmers, designers amongst other humans tries to develop possible solutions through artistic, practical and discursive work. Local activities in Graz look for synergies with global networking and exchange with mutual organisations and collectives. Work sessions, a virtual fellowship, open discussion rounds and group work result in an various positions in the form of artistic works, creative interventions, online platforms, performances and presentations. The discourse formats involve an open group of interested parties and a specialist audience. The lab brings together creative interventions that re-evaluate our status quo, question current systems and propose new perspectives for possible and preferrable futures.
Public presentation & meet and greet the artists:
Workshops and presentations:
- Thu Aug 26, 10:00: Autonomous Mobile Server: Presentation and workshop by Azahara Cerezo
- Thu Aug 26, 14:00: Communities As Network Protocols: Presentation and workshop by Caroline Sinders (Online)
- Fri Aug 27, 10:00: DREAMING BEYOND AI: Presentation and workshop by Nushin Isabelle Yazdani, Buse Çetin, Iyo Bisseck, Meera Ghani. (Off- and online)
- Fri Aug 27, 14:00: Travel4U: Presentation by Andreas Zingerle / Fabian Kühfuss (Offline)
- Fri Aug 27, 15:00: Connecting Resonances: Paper Presentation and discussion by Budhaditya Chattopadhyay (Offline)
- Sat Aug 28, 10:00: Hyper-listening: praxisWalk and workshop by Budhaditya Chattopadhyay (Offline downtown)
- Sat Aug 28, 14:00: Notes on autonomy: Presentation and workshop by Dina Karadžić (Format C) and Vedran Gligo (Hacklab01) (Off- and online)
Calendar in our cloud | iCal for import
LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE!
- The program will be in English, some artists talk French, Spanish, Indian or Dutch.
- All presentations and workshops are in English and will be held on/off-line or somethimes in a hybrid form. To participate and receive more informations please sign up for all workshops: artlab @ mur.at
The Art & Worklab is held in cooperation with
Photo credit: “Graz - Cityscape with Sunset” by Bernd Thaller, CC BY-NC 2.0.